Tuesday, August 13, 2013

While we are waiting...

I started writing a book a couple of years ago. God started writing it LONG before that. Recently, the need to write is being stirred again... and blog posts alone aren't the answer for me!  I have a lot more than this finished, but as I read through it this morning, I couldn't wait to share it... God is SO GOOD! We just have to open our eyes and see that He is everywhere.
 

“Everything will work out fine in the end. If it hasn’t worked out, then it isn’t the end.”

How patient are you? Are you good at waiting for God’s promises? When you are waiting on God to answer a prayer, how long do you wait before you begin to get discouraged?  A day? A week? Two years? Seven?

You might be surprised to know that patience isn’t my strongest asset. If you know me, then you probably laughed just now. That’s okay. I like to make people laugh.

There are days when I have confidently told others that God has perfect timing, only to crawl into bed and cry while telling God that I can’t wait any longer for what He has promised me.

There have been times when I have tried to take matters into my own hands. I have tried to HELP GOD. It’s nothing new… plenty of people in the Bible did the same thing. They proved it is never a good idea… but we do it anyway. It never quite works out right.

So what do we do while we are waiting? How do we keep from becoming discouraged? We need to look and see what God IS doing... to give us the strength to wait. God is doing miracles EVERY SINGLE DAY. For you, for me, for people all over… but if you stay focused on what you don’t have, you’ll never see what’s going on around you.

17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit[a] of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. Ephesians 1: 17-19


No comments:

Post a Comment