Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Nothing Says "I Love You" Like...

I'll be honest here, I have a weak stomach. Many of my friends can attest to their own giggle fits while they say things that make me gag... sometimes even running to the next room with my hands covering my ears and humming loudly so I can't hear or think about what they are saying... so I'm trying to sensitive to the fact that others might be too...

I tried to look up appropriate euphemisms  for this topic... bad idea. So, don't worry... just keep reading... you'll get the idea.

You know that helpless feeling you have when someone you love is sick? I don't mean with the sniffles... I mean the sickness... cramps, nausea, um and you know... that comes with being pregnant... or having the stomach flu... or worse, chemo and radiation...

You just want to know what you can do to help, right?

I can tell you this: Sticking your head in the bathroom and asking "What can I do to help?" while someone is trying to fight nausea... is not the way to go.

There is one thing that you can do. I learned this lesson a long time ago, and have used it and shared it many times... always with great results.

Nothing says "I love you" like giving them the ability to do what they need to do in a CLEAN toilet. Seriously. That's it. That is the big secret.



I had terrible nausea with all four of my children. I even had to be hospitalized at one point with my son. There were times when I would be so sick that I would literally lay down on the bathroom floor after one wave passed to wait for the next one to come... and rumor has it, I'm not alone.

When my kids have the flu, the first thing I do is go scrub the toilet (and then pray they make it in there!)

P.S. Cleaning the inside is important! But don't forget to use a couple spritzes of Windex and wipe down the outside too!



No comments:

Post a Comment